Pasta la Vista baby

Spaghetti Carbonara with Pancetta and Thyme


I am happy to announce that my pic/recipe was chosen in the Eat, Pray, Love competition today run by Pick n pay on facebook!

I am so thrilled! Did I mention that I win Le Creuset products! its only every chef's dream to cook with Le Creuset. sigh.

This recipe is super easy, as its based on a carbonara recipe, and I have just funked it up with some Thyme, and used Pancetta instead of Bacon.

This is a Pick n Pay recipe- so all products are bought at Pick n Pay.

Olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, creamed
1 Packet spaghetti
4 baby marrows (courgettes) , peeled
1 tsp of fresh thyme
1 pack of Pancetta or Parma Ham
4 large eggs, well mixed
25 ml pecorino, grated or shavings

In a medium hot pan, add a good glug of olive oil.
Add the garlic, and cook gently for a few minutes.
Add the spaghetti to a pan off boiling salted water.
When 9 and a half minutes have passed, add the peeled courgette. When the courgettes turn bright green, remove from the heat and drain.
Drain well and add to the frying pan.
Add the thyme, and stir well.
Add the Parma or Pancetta.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs.

The pan must not be too hot to scramble the eggs.
Grate or shave the cheese over the pasta, season and serve!

I look forward to creating and serving up some new fabulous dishes in my Le Creuset cookware!
Watch this space!

0 comments: